Is a genus of 16 species of plants in the family Iridiceae. The genus name is derived form the Greek words neo meaning ‘new’ and Marica, the Roman nymph.
Herbaceous perennial plants they propagate by way of a thick rhizome and new plantlets that develop from the stem where flowers once emerged. The plants grow erect and have long slender lanceolate leaves.
They produce very fragrant flowers that last a short period of time, often only hours. The flowers emerge form what appears to be just another leaf but is really a flower stalk structured to look like the other leaves.
After pollination, the new plantlet appears where the flower emerged and the stalk continues to grow longer. The weight of the growing plantlet causes the stalk to bend towards the ground, allowing the plantlet to root away from its parent.
This is how it obtained its common name of ‘Walking Iris’.
The common name Apostle Plant comes from the belief that the plant will not flower until the individual has at least 12 leaves, the number of the Apostles of Jesus.
Doctrine of Signatures:
The flowers are 5 – 10 cm diameter and comprise of 3 large white fleshy petals at the base which have a strong pattern, like an imprinted code at the base of the petal where it joins the stem. Rising above are three outward curled petals, resembling a curled tongue, which have a repeat of the imprinted code from the white petals below at the base and sides and a bright purple and white repeated pattern through the centre and out to the end of the petals. Two spots of gold adorn the upper curve of the petal giving the appearance of an upright cobra with bright glittering eyes. Rising from the middle of the flower is the stamen which resembles a white bright pillar, geometric in shape, like a column of incoming energy.
The flowers transitory appearance and markings that reflect ‘as above, so below’ seem to express the phenomenon of ‘channelling’ or information as high frequency energy coming into the planet to be received by those ‘awake’ enough to read and decipher the information.
The ‘walking’ habit of the plant suggests the notion of moving forward ‘gracefully’ (named Neomarica gracilis) in response to our innate evolutionary drive for higher and higher states of awareness. This growing pattern also seems to refer to the passing on of higher wisdom to the next generation (a new plant entirely independent of its parent yet being nourished by ancestral energy direct from the stem, as it grows) The name Neomarica – new maiden or nymph – is another strong indicator that adds strength to this healing property.
Apostle Plant is certainly a plant that fosters new and consciousness-expanding information coming through from higher realms to the next generation and for the New Age of humanity. The cobra-like image is reminiscent of the Kundalini rising, a phenomenon that appears to be happening on a global basis to our human family as we embrace the new incoming Divine Feminine energies flooding into the planet from the higher dimensions and identified as The Shift of the Ages.
Your Healing Challenges:
- Closed to change, scared to make a move
- Stuck in a 3D reality, imbalanced
- Spiritual void
- Can’t let go of old beliefs and values, stagnant attitude, stuck in mind and body,
- Harbours a death wish expressed through unbalanced living,
- Competitive, ego-driven personality
- Beneficial in diseases of:
- oedema, particularly in the lower half of the body,
- gyneacological conditions including menstrual pain, endometriosis, infertility due to excess weight and congestion,
- bowel conditions such as constipation, piles, anal fissure and diverticulitis,
- painful, stiff knees and ankles, swollen feet,
- weight problems
Your Healing Outcomes:
- Brings balance in life-style and attitudes
- Assists in moving forward gracefully in one’s life and walking one’s talk
- Helpful when going through major life transitions, benefits agility and flexibility
- Helps move through physical and emotional blocks,shedding ‘old skin’
- Opens to spiritual truth of ‘as above-so below’
- Opens to channeling, assists in ‘speaking in tongues’
- Benefits speaking one’s truth from a new position and listening to one’s intuition
- Helpful in moving through the Shift of the Ages to fulfill our Higher Purpose
- Supports embracing the emerging Divine Feminine principles of co-operation, net-working, caring and humanitarian and environmental concern.